CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Better fast food

Let's face it, I'm no cook. Most fast food is pretty much an artery clogging fat load, but something like a baked potato and chili from Wendy's is actually not a bad meal. I get the baked potato (yes, I use sour cream. Because life is too short to eat a !*!&$( DRY POTATO!) and a large chili with onions and cheese. I pour the chili on the potato. Chili is loaded with fiber and nutrients. Potatoes have B vitamins and potassium, especially if you eat the skin. So this is actually a reasonably healthy meal. You can also get a side salad with Italian dressing and make it complete. Well, get whatever dressing you want, but I tend to roll with the oil and vinegar based ones. Ranch is bad because it contains MSG. On my soapbox. MSG is not a "spice." It technically has no flavor of its own. MSG IS A NEUROTOXIN! It alters the brain chemistry of the person eating it. No joke, look it up. Many people are intolerant of this vile substance. For most, it causes intestinal distress to one degree or another. Sometimes it can even cause respiratory distress. I used to be on several asthma meds until I started watching out for MSG in foods. I was able to get off ALL asthma meds. I still have mild asthma but it tends to only be triggered by extreme cold or exercise and does not require medication.

At any rate, yes, you can find healthy alternatives at fast food joints. I know this. I just don't always take them...

Mobile post sent by lilystrange using Utterlireply-count Replies.

0 comments: