CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ear Wax

This worked so well for me that I want to spread the word about it in case it can help someone else. The problem? Excess ear wax. Kind of embarrassing to talk about but I've suffered from it for all my life, to the point of having to have drainage tubes in my ears to prevent the multiple infections that were actually threatening my hearing as a child, and ending up in the ER once around New Year's Eve of 2006 thinking I was having a stroke or something, but it was actually excess ear wax pressing on my ear drum, which caused me to be dizzy, nauseous, have trouble walking, and my blood pressure spiked to 210/100.
The cure?
Alpha Lipoic Acid.
My mother read about this recently. She told me and I thought it was worth a try. Most of these "miracle cures" are half-assed at best and really costly, but this literally worked within five days. I still get ear wax (we do need some) but it's drier, far less copious, and way more manageable.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is a simple antioxidant. It costs around $10 for 100 capsules and is available in any natural food store. I'm not being comped in any way for saying this. I use the Now brand, which is usually the least expensive of the natural supplements brands. I just wanted to let anyone else who might be troubled by excess ear wax know that there is a possible, very inexpensive solution that may work for you too!

2 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

Or let someone pee in your ear?

Cie Cheesemeister said...

It's not that kind of acid! But Gary the Axolotl would like that.
Actually my paternal great-grandfather, who was a lieutenant in the Czar's army, said that one cure used for an ear infection in times of desperation was to urinate on a cotton ball and stick the cotton ball in the ear. He wasn't joking either. Apparently the acidity of the urine did something to kill the bacteria causing the ear infection and/or break up the wax. But these days I'd recommend ear drops.